The College Association at Delhi, Inc. (CADI) at SUNY Delhi, was founded in 1956. CADI contracts with SUNY Delhi to provide the following services: dining, catering, operations at Bluestone, campus store, vending, student I.D.s, and accounting and payroll services for Student Senate and the College Foundation. CADI regularly reviews their goals and objectives in order to meet the needs of SUNY Delhi students, SUNY Delhi, the campus community and the organization as a whole.
CADI is governed by its by-laws. The Board of Directors consists of SUNY Delhi students, faculty, and members of the College administration.
CADI currently operates a variety of dining services and employees over 300 employees.
Every day, our employees work together fulfilling our Mission and Values:
"The College Association at Delhi, Inc. is dedicated to supporting the success of SUNY Delhi, and each and every student, through all of its endeavors and programs. The Association and all of its employees are dedicated to the core mission of providing the highest quality dining and catering services, for the best value, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of its customers."
The Association and all of its employees aspire to model practices which reflect the organizational values of superb customer service, teamwork, sustainability, honesty, integrity, employee development and service to the campus and local community.
CADI is nestled in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains and is one of the largest employers in the area. Join a winning team!
Executive Chef / Trainer
The College Association at Delhi, Inc. (CADI) is accepting applicants for the position of Executive Chef. This is a 12-month salaried position and reports to the Executive Director. This management position serves as a member of the CADI leadership team and interacts with students on a daily basis.
The Executive Chef/Trainer is responsible for assisting with CADI's culinary successes and training of CADI employees under the supervision of the Executive Director, in accordance with the guidance of the College Association Board of Directors, College policy, and the terms and conditions of contractual agreements between the College Association at Delhi, Inc., and SUNY Delhi and/or SUNY Administration. The Executive Chef/Trainer will help successfully plan menus and direct high-quality services for all CADI venues.
The position duties include:
- Globally responsible for the maintenance of culinary standards.
- Have a high focus on student satisfaction.
- Works with staff and hourly workers to train and maintain quality and freshness throughout the campus dining programs.
- Develops and directs food production staff to understanding and utilization of recipes, food handling procedures, kitchen safety and sanitation, cooking methods, product taste and presentation, use of equipment, leftover utilization and proper record keeping and oversees production worksheets.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized recipe database in Chef Tec.
- Helps food service managers develop new menus, food concepts and points of service.
- Conducts cost analysis of recipe and menu items.
- Reviews and evaluates service and production in the dining centers and catering department.
- Establishes and maintains consistent quality and quantity standards throughout campus food services.
- Manages the HACCP program at all campus food locations.
- Facilitates on-going dining service customer surveys and focus group sessions.
- Works closely with food service managers to develop standard and special menus.
- Provides culinary supervision and support for major campus events and the catering department.
- Occasionally cooks for high profile events.
- Coordinates maintenance and purchase of kitchen equipment with the Director of Facilities.
- Provides a variety of group and one-on-one training such as food sanitation, kitchen practices, safety, cash handling, shrinkage, prevention, customer service, employee orientation, supervisory skills, and any other implemented training.
- Sets training standards and expectations for student, union, and management.
- Conducts safety training and establishes standards for safety.
- Conducts new hire orientation training programs.
- Conducts follow up interviews with new hires to ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Assists with creating and conducting the Human Resource Training program for CADI employees on organizational policies and procedures with the Director of HR.
- Assists with the establishment of organizations policies and procedures in regards to training, health, safety, sanitation.
- Any other related duties as requested by Management.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- This is a salaried position. Some nights and weekends may be required as needed.
Executive Chef / Trainer
- A Bachelors or higher degree in food service, hospitality or a related area and a minimum of five (5) years of food service supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in a college foodservice environment.
- Experience in excess of five years will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, public relations, project management, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs.
- ServSafe Certified, instructor preferred.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and customer complaints.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
Executive Chef / Trainer
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000
Full-Time Benefits Available
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.