Office of Business and Finance Info Technology
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
General summary: Administers and supports the Business and Finance eSports initiatives and event operations.
- Maintains and supports the WMU eSports initiatives and event operations for Business and Finance. Administers eSports activities and events including but not limited to competitions, summer camps, and rental events.
- Performs manager role for live events including: introduction/hosting, MC, shoutcasting, and performing live video stream, lights, and sound. Provides IT related needs/tasks and troubleshooting.
- Administers and responds to inquires to social media and
eSports related sources including but not limited to: wmuesports.com, Twitch, Discord, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Works with the University sponsors, vendors, and partners in areas of academic use and sponsored or social eSports activities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field from an accredited institution.
- One year's relevant experience.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be exposed to dark, strobe and laser lighting, and work in a sound theatrical environment.
- Experience in live video production.
- Experience in commentator/shoutcasting for eSports events.
- Experience in hosting/MC eSports events.
- Experience in assisting students and coaching of eSports players.
Required Applicant Documents
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Internal applicants should use the Job Opportunity Transfer Application.
External applicants should use the Staff Employment Application.
Additional Position Information:
Terminal appointment ends 1 year from date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
FTE 1.00; 40 hours per week
A simultaneous internal and external search for qualified candidates has been approved. Applications for transfer will be evaluated with external applications.
Staff Compensation System pay grades and rates are available using the URL below: http://www.wmich.edu/sites/default/files/other/u152/2018/hr-staff-compensation-pay-structure-07-01-2018.pdf
External Posting Date:
External Closing Date:
Internal Closing Date:
Application Types Accepted
Staff Employment Application
Job Opportunity Transfer Application