Lead Marketing Specialist, C&IT
Provide operational leadership, marketing expertise and project management in the development and implementation of strategies, programs and materials that promote the awareness, understanding and use of C&IT's services and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead functional work teams in the development and creation of marketing, informational and public relations materials for C&IT initiatives. Form teams, lead meetings, develop project plans, identify and assign tasks, monitor workflow and identify and resolve project issues.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of C&IT's marketing strategy and operations. Meet directly with C&IT management to develop and implement communication plans designed to increase the understanding and use of C&IT's services. Represent C&IT to target audiences, customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and expectations and provide insight to C&IT's operations and services.
- Manage assigned support staff. Provide functional supervision (i.e., train, assign and monitor work assignments, assist with problem resolution) to a Web Writer Editor. Hire, train, evaluate and discipline assigned part time professional subordinate staff. Assign and evaluate work of contract staff.
- Oversee the quality of content on C&IT's web site, user documentation and marketing and communication materials to ensure an effective and consistent style. Develop, implement and maintain technical communication standards for the division.
- Manage assigned departmental budget. Prepare projections, review billings and monitor and approve expenditures to ensure compliance with university and divisional policy and procedure.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Degree or academic emphasis in marketing, communications, public relations, English, technical communication/writing or journalism.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with advertising and marketing concepts and workflow, including graphic design principles.
- Considerable experience with technical writing.
- Proficiency with current versions of common productivity tools used in a marketing position such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Extensive experience with current social media tools.
- Considerable experience with mass communication tools used at Wayne State.
- Strong Familiarity with popular computing and mobile platforms such as Mac OS, Windows, Android and iOS.
- Some experience with Google Analytics
Professional/Administration & Supervisory/Management
Duration of Posting
Fiscal Year of Job Open Date
Job Open Date
(When job is posted in the system)
Job Close Date
(or until suitable candidate is found)
Is this position reposted?
None (New Posting)
Background Check Requirements
University policy requires certain persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting to work. If you are offered employment, the University will inform you if a background check is required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Represented Position Message