Accounting Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Financial Planning & Analysis. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
This position is responsible for budgeting, reporting and analysis that support the internal and external reporting needs of Senior Management. The position also supports the budgeting, reporting and analysis needs of Danforth Campus Schools and CFU Departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide various internal reports, analysis, and variance explanations to Senior Management. Reports and analysis are used to facilitate discussions between Senior Management, Executive Management and business units. This position focuses on the Business and Engineering Schools.
- Support the budgeting, reporting, and analysis needs of Danforth Campus Schools. Assist Business Managers with the development of the annual budget, including direct input of data into the Budget Submission System. Provide standard and ad hoc reports using various reporting tools, supplying variance analysis and benchmarking information.
- Responsible for various quarterly and yearly accounting activities; includes journal entries, variance analysis and reconciliation of internal financial reports to the external financial reports.
- Special request and projects that advance the University?s mission and goals; develop and maintain expertise in current and future accounting, budgeting and reporting tools and systems; provide support to management with regards to analysis, planning, reporting, and development of resources to achieve short and long term goals; identify, gather, assess, and analyze data used for making decisions, and make decisions where appropriate; incorporate data and ideas into either formal or informal reports, presenting resolution to issues or problems.
An undergraduate degree in accounting with three to five years, or CPA certification with three to five years of professional accounting experience in budgeting, reporting and financial analysis; demonstrated analytical and accounting skills with attention to details.
- CPA or MBA is a plus; prior experience in a decentralized and/or complex environment.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- A self-motivated individual driven by challenge with the ability to work independently; actively attempts to influence events, originates ideas and takes action.
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities; ability to properly assess pertinent data and develop a framework for effective and practical solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a service-oriented communicator who is a true team player with the ability to forge relationships.
- Knowledge of internal controls; ability to streamline/automate transaction processing and recording.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $67,470 annually.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
North Campus locations (St. Louis City); tobacco free environment; 37.5 hour work week with extra hours as needed; travel between university campus locations for meetings is required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.