RN Clinic - OB/Fetal Care - Wage - Battle Building (38544)
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor?s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified
Pay Range: 23.72 - 39.26
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Main Hospital 1215 Lee St. Charlottesville 22908
Job: Registered Nurse
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Aug 27, 2018
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.