Patient Care Assistant - Northridge Internal Medicine
Patient Care Assistant - Northridge Internal Medicine (39528)
Performs a variety of patient care and administrative support functions under the supervision of Medical Center professionals in an inpatient or outpatient setting or in a patient?s home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists patients with personal care as needed for optimal recovery during hospitalization. Performs basic nursing skills, as delegated by an RN and in accordance with policy and procedure, to promote patient health and wellness.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Performs administrative support functions.
- Maintains necessary skills and competencies.
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Experience: No experience required. Relevant experience in an outpatient clinic setting preferred.
- License/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant certification (CNA) through the Virginia Board of Nursing or Student nurses who have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: 12.51 - 19.39
Primary Location: Albemarle County-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Northridge 2955 Ivy Road Charlottesville 22903
Job: Healthcare Spec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.