Endoscopy Surgical Assistant Outpatient Surgery Center 40 hours
Endoscopy Surgical Assistant Outpatient Surgery Center 40 hours (38962)
Supports patient care providers with instrumentation, supplies and equipment for endoscopic procedures in the MOR. Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports patient care activities during designated procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the preparation, setup, and troubleshooting of specialized equipment such as the DaVinci robot, endobronchial ultrasound, smart room technologies.
- Prepares and assembles surgical trays and equipment following established tray lists for storage or further processing.
- Monitors, reads, documents and interprets parameters of sterilization. Operates the Steris sterilizer.
- Decontaminates and cleans reusable equipment, instruments and supplies manually and mechanically.
- Operates the departmental bar code system to maintain records for surgical trays and instruments received, processed and distributed (SPM Tracking System).
- Supports OR and Surgical Supply/Sterile Processing procedures.
- Communicates effectively to internal and external customers.
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Experience: 2 yrs experience in Procedural/Surgical/Sterile setting in a clinical role or graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist training program.
- License/Certification: Certified to practice as a Surgical Technologist by NBSTSA (The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) or NCCT (The National Center for Competency Testing) or certification in Sterile Processing (CRCST) preferred. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: 15.68 - 24.30
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Outpatient Surgery Ctr. 500 Monroe Ln Charlottesville 22908
Job: Healthcare Spec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 4, 2018
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.