Marketing ? Leads and develops Commuter Services marketing plans, promotions and campaigns for the department and its various internal segments. Cultivates partnerships with media contacts and sponsors to fund, advertise and host activities and events. Generates media products, both written and visual, for use in marketing activities. Also promotes positive public relations and develops campaigns to bolster Commuter Services? image with stakeholders and the campus community.
Communications ? Develops, coordinates and executes a wide range of communications products and performs a variety of advertising, writing and project management tasks while using good judgment and strong interpersonal skills to plan and execute communications strategies. Utilizes traditional and electronic publishing technologies to produce communications that execute project objectives and generate revenue for Commuter Services. Manages social media channels for Commuter Services, as well as performing internal communications.Responsibilities
1. Develops and implements marketing plans and strategies by employing traditional and electronic publishing tools to develop the Commuter Services brand, increase its awareness and generate revenue.
2. Develops and communicates marketing materials, information campaigns and coordinates special events. Contributes to and leads various projects for Commuter Services and Auxiliary Business Development (ABD).
3. Adheres to project timelines, deadlines and manages routine communicative updates to department directors and others, as needed.
4. Collaborates with ABD staff to identify marketing, news reporting and brand-enhancing opportunities for Commuter Services and ABD. Gathers necessary information to produce visual media products, email marketing pieces, press releases and other shareable content in both text and visual form.
5. Acts as a liaison between Commuter Services, ABD and the other Auxiliary departments, facilitating communication and collaboration. Monitors information, plans, updates and activities within Commuter Services and informs staff in ABD and University Marketing in a timely manner. Works with communication teams to develop messaging and information campaigns.
6. Responsible for content development and management of the Commuter Services social media channels, along with monitoring the overall effectiveness of email and online communications strategies, refining and developing them as necessary.
7. Takes a strategic and timely approach to communications, particularly where developments and changes are concerned. Looks ahead to plan communications pieces (e.g. scheduling @TheU articles and announcements, social media posts and updates, etc.) well in advance and ensures that stakeholders are always up to date and made aware of developments important to them.
8. Monitors online activity, comments and reviews and responds quickly and positively. Organizes and executes promotional activities though coordination with industry partners, ABD and others.
9. As needed, responsible for creating, printing and disseminating Commuter Services signage, in coordination with ABD design staff. Writes miscellaneous communications materials and ensures that published works are accurate, timely, appropriate and effective.
10. Performs web and Google analytics on a monthly basis and reports data to Commuter Services director and ABD staff. Provides quarterly marketing reports for Commuter Services and ABD staff.
11. Plans, executes and markets special events for Commuter Services, ABD and occasionally helps with other aux departments. May occasionally coordinate on-campus tabling with help of student advocates or interns.
12. Responsible for outlining marketing budget with assistance and approval from Commuter Services and ABD leadership.
This job description has been designed to outline the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor?s degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalency; excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with a variety of computer software; project management and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
Some areas may require additional experience with specific computer systems and may require skills in interviewing, ad copy writing, editing, photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation.
Master?s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.Preferences
A Bachelor?s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred.
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, familiarity with a variety of computer software packages and media editing programs, detail-oriented project management skills and strong interpersonal skills.
A creative sense for innovative marketing and communications strategies and ability to conceive of, develop and implement marketing campaigns and collateral from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Solid aptitude in copy writing, editing, content development for social media use and email marketing, occasional photography and web content development.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with limited management and oversight.