PROGRAM SPECIALIST I
Under general direction from the Director of Learning + Engagement, the Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and assessment of programs, outreach, and interpretation for diverse museum audiences, including campus and broader regional audiences, with special attention to underrepresented communities.
- Promotes museum exhibitions, collections, and resources through targeted outreach;
- Establishes new initiatives and offsite programming for nontraditional museum audiences, including but not limited to social service agencies, community centers, and atrisk populations;
- Builds and maintains relationships with community partner organizations on and offcampus;
- Develops engagement strategies for university faculty, staff, and students, including but not limited to the creation of programs, gallery guides, and specialized tours;
- Implement and/or coordinates ongoing community programs including Sooner Museum Quest;
- Serves as the staff liaison for the Art Museum Ambassadors;
- Collaborates with the Community Learning Coordinator on special projects;
- Manages budgets for respective programs, outreach materials, and art supplies as needed;
- Conducts respective programming evaluation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 12 24 months experience in community outreach, museums, or public programming preferred
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Proven track record of collaborating with individuals from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences
- Ability to plan, implement and assess educational programming
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds. Must be able to climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, stand for extended periods, engage in repetitive motions, communicate, hear including receiving detailed information orally, see including color, depth, perception, and clarity and grasp
- Preference for experience w/relational databases such as Filemaker Pro
- BA in art, art history
Supervision: Possibly student and volunteer groups
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit http://www.hr.ou.edu/policies/tbtesting.asp
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? Yes
Special Indications: None
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process.
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!