Coordinator for Curriculum Development
The Coordinator for Curriculum Development is an innovative, fulltime, professional staff member in a dynamic department committed to creating and sustaining supportive environments and helping students to reach their curricular and cocurricular goals.
This position will be responsible for the administration of the University of Oklahoma?s residential curriculum, The Scope. They will help support the strategic direction of Residence Life by making recommendations on process improvement and implementing processes for the purpose of providing a more positive student experience as it relates to The Scope. This administrative role will be responsible for the following:
- Chairing community education teams for each residential center
- Planning, organizing and conducting teacher and support staff training initiatives
- Create and maintain lesson plans and event planning forms
- Create/facilitate training for residence life staff at the professional and paraprofessional level
- Further develop and coordinate the application and evaluation of curriculms
- Professional development around Residence Life?s learning goals
- Contribute to assessment plan for Residence Life and consistent review of curriculum
- Large scale event planning and management
- Review and recommend textbooks and workbooks
- Designing and contributing to marketing, publications, and promotion of curricular events
- Contribute to university wide retention efforts
- Develop partnerships with campus stakeholders in residential learning
- May include coteaching a forcredit class
- Other Duties As Assigned
Required Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and determine the most appropriate solution.
- Ability to act with discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to function as a leader, educating team members and others on the usage of systems and services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and choosing the most appropriate delivery method for the audience.
- Ability to set objectives, manage timelines, and see tasks to completion.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Passion for the creation of positive experiences for students and staff.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to accomplish work tasks without supervision.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods; may be required to travel; requires contact with other departments and university officials; Regular pressure to meet productivity standards; may be required to bend, lift, stoop, carry, and be exposed to temperature changes. Must be able to engage in repetitive motion and communicate effectively.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/PoliciesHandbooks/TBTesting
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Mar 28, 2018
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process.
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!