Accounting Analyst II, Student Finance
The Student Finance Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Accounting Analyst II, Student Finance to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides quality customer service and assures compliance with federal, state and university regulations, policies and procedures related to student accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes student accounts with regard to tuition, financial aid, auxiliary services and other account assessments. performs mathematical computations and processes any necessary adjustments; contacts internal and external customers, agencies, financial institutions and government agencies as needed to research and/or resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles student, agency, and program accounts; ensures student and third party accounts are balanced; prepares and distributes financial reports utilizing various financial systems, spreadsheets and databases; utilizes spreadsheet and database software to analyze and interpret student accounts and other account information.
- Completes credit balance evaluations of accounts and prepares required documentation for processing of refunds to student, parents, and/or third party agencies.
- Creates electronic files for departmental use to increase efficiency and investigates new ways of completing work more effectively.
- Responds to in-person and telephone inquiries from agencies, students, parents, faculty and staff.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years' experience in Higher Education in Student Services.
- Two (2) years of People Soft experience.
- General knowledge of issues in Higher Education and with policies, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency with Office Products.
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?