Assistant Director of Accounting
- Prepare and supervise complex financial reconciliations and reports that feed to the annual financial statements.
- Assist with implementation of GASB and GAAP as related to UMW .
- Assist in developing and implementing Banner computerized reporting.
- Assist in yearly financial statement process and audit.
- Monitor, draw and invoice for UMW grants.
Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles ( GAAP ), regulatory compliance and general financial management.
Ability to analyze and prepare financial transactions, complex reconciliations and reports.
Ability to analyze and prepare financial reports and statements.
Demonstrated ability to train and direct support staff of accountants and Sr. accountants.
Excellent computer skills including those of integrated, computerized accounting systems, advanced spreadsheets and understanding interface file transmitted between systems.Experience in General Accounting functions.
Experience supervising staff.
Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or related field.
Experience in Higher Education
Knowledge of BANNER
Statement of Economic Interest
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions for Applicant
Additional Applicant Instructions
The University of Mary Washington accepts only completed online application and related materials. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications or documentation will not be considered. Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background checks. If accommodations are requested either before or at the time of the interview, please contact the Recruitment Office at 540/654-1238.