Post-Doc Fellow - Neuro Science - Full Time
The purpose of the training program is to help ensure that a diverse and highly-trained workforce is available to assume leadership roles related to the specified areas of biomedical, behavioral, and clinical research. Trainees must have the opportunity to carry out supervised biomedical or behavioral research with the primary objective of developing or extending their research skills and knowledge in preparation for an independent research career.
- Collects and assembles data for any type of oral or written presentation.
- Develops standard operating procedures to ensure reliability and safety in the laboratory.
- Independently develops scientific hypotheses related to ongoing work in the laboratory.
- Independently designs experiments to test hypotheses.
- Independently carries out or delegates procedures for experiments .
- Analyzes results of experiments independently.
- Independently prepares oral and written reports for the P.I. on research to include, but not limited to: coherently and effectively communicating our laboratory research by writing abstracts, manuscripts, grant proposals and data repots for grants and oral presentations with corresponding slide presentation for PI, local and national meetings.
- Performs routine and more difficult procedures, analyzes data and coherently presents results in the form of presentations, abstracts, manuscripts and the basis for grant writing, preparation and submission.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson
Surgical, tissue culture, animal handling experience preferred
Jefferson is an academic medical center that includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health. With the commitment of more than 23,000 employees, we provide exceptional patient care, deliver breakthrough research and educate the professionals of tomorrow who will build the future of work, the future of health care and the future of education.
World-renowned for advancing groundbreaking developments in healthcare education and research since 1824, Thomas Jefferson University is composed of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College (formerly known as Jefferson Medical College) and the Colleges of Biomedical Sciences, Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy and Population Health. Each year, our nationally recognized faculty, who lead a number of programs boasting
U.S. News & World Report
recognition, educate more than 4,000 students and set the highest standards of healthcare education to prepare them to lead change and succeed throughout their careers.
Jefferson Health, our clinical arm, provides a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care. Through our nine hospitals (three are MagnetŪ-designated and recognized for nursing excellence by the ANCC), more than 30 outpatient and urgent care locations, and our NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, we deliver an exceptional experience to nearly two million inpatient and outpatients annually.
U.S. News & World Report
has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the best in the nation in 11 specialties, and high performing in two more. We are ranked second in the Philadelphia metro area and third in Pennsylvania for the quality of care we provide.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code