SUPERVISOR, CUSTODIAN SERVICES
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Plus the ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.
This position will supervise custodians at Medical Labs, Eckstein Medical Research Building, College of Medicine Administration Building and Medical Research Center.
High School diploma. Excellent communication/customer svc skills. Problem-solving/analytical/interpersonal skills. Able to manage priorities/work with a diverse staff. Exp in a union environment/knowledge of UI policies/relevant regulations. Exp in a large/complex institutional/corporate campus. Knowledge of green cleaning methods. Team cleaning exp. Knowledge of diff floor types for proper care. Familiarity with computerized maintenance mgmt system. Proficient in MSOffice/Outlook/internet usage
Under general supervision, coordinates, supervises, inspects results, and is responsible for the work activites of custodians in accordance with established guidelines.
Specific Job Duties:
- Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage.
- Interview, select, train and evaluate staff. Provide coaching and direction. Take actions related to promotions and discipline as appropriate.
- Maintains inventories of products, equipment and other supplies as needed to meet operational and customer needs.
- Receive and respond to inquiries and complaints.
- Promote a safe work environment and maintain safety standards to assure compliance with federal, state, local and University Regulations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Assists with the training of new employees and retraining as necessary.
- When necessary, complete custodial work assignments
- Assists in planning procedures and work methods and revises or recommends revisions to improve efficiency of operations and services.
- Responsible for reporting damage and other irregularities requiring attention or repair.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Two years of custodial experience or related building and facilities maintenance, including supervisory experience for a minimum of six months; supervision to include assigning daily work activities, inspecting and monitoring quality or work, and scheduling and coordinating work activities.
Before applying for the SUPERVISOR, CUSTODIAN SERVICES position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.