Nursing Assistant - MED. SURG./ MEDICINE SPECIALTY UNIT (2JCP)
Classification Title: Nursing Assistant
Department: Department of Nursing
Pay Grade: GC03 https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans
Percent of Time: 100%
100% - Rotating shifs, 20 hours a week will be accomplished between the hours of 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM; 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM; 3:00 - 11:30 PM 3:00 PM - 7:30 PM, 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM, 11:00 PM - 11:00 AM and/or 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM. Rotating days off. Required to work every other weekend and alternating holidays.
Location: 2JCP(Med.Surg/ General Medicine Unit)
Rotations: Rotating shifts, rotating days off, alternating holidays
Applicant selected for position, if external, must complete a 2-3 week orientation. Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Hours may vary based on department needs.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Staff Type: Merit
Type of Position: Regular
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics?recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States?is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Our primary and specialty care is provided by experts from all medical specialties, attracting patients from around the world. We offer our care in convenient, comfortable settings, using the most advanced approaches and with the best outcomes as our goal.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics?recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States?is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. In 2018-19 seven of our adult care specialties were ranked among the nation?s best, including otolaryngology (3rd), ophthalmology (7th), orthopedics (14th), cancer (18th), urology (34th), pulmonology (39th), and gynecology (50th).
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact the Nursing Recruitment office at 319-356-2285.
Under direct supervision of Registered Nurses, performs specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform patient personal hygiene such as bathing, toileting, feeding, dressing, grooming and oral care for patients.
- Assist patients with bedpans, urinals and perineal cleansing.
- Turn, position and ambulate patients.
- Take temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
- Enter daily patient record charting in computer.
- Perform simple diagnostic/therapeutic procedures (i.e., dressing changes).
- Clean equipment, patient bedside area and nursing unit.
- Set up rooms for patient admission.
- Transport patients by bed, cart or wheelchair.
- Transport equipment, specimens and supplies.
- Stock and supply patient rooms and Nursing unit.
- Perform basic CPR as required.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to read, write and follow instructions.