Staff Nurse - Mitchell ED
Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Staff Nurse (RN) - Mitchell ED
Area: 378810 - ER-M NURSING
Shift: 36 hours per week (.9) / Night shift / 12 hour shifts
A staff nurse is a registered professional nurse (RN) who manages patient centered care that is outcome directed. Patient centered care principles and professional nursing practice standards provide the foundation for the nurse to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care provided. The staff nurse assumes the primary responsibility and accountability for all patient care personally provided and that provided by those directly under her/his supervision.
You?ll thrive in this position if you:
- Act with Courage & Conviction ? you look at interactions, activities and processes to maximize the patient, customer and employee experience; speaks up for point of view with confidence even when the topic is controversial; shares point of view in a manner that builds support. You alert the right person when expectations or standards are not met or when UCMC?s values are at risk. You ensure proper resolution is achieved and an explanation is received; escalates appropriately if needed
- Make Thoughtful Decisions ? you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Embrace Change ? you treat change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; identifies the benefits and risks of change. You quickly modify behavior to deal effectively with changes; remains effective during times of ambiguity and uncertainty. You honor the need in others to ask questions; helps others overcome resistance.
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values ? you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
Why Join Us
We?ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment? with patients and with each other. We?re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you?d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we?re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
- Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher
- Current Illinois RN license
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Trauma and/or ED experience required
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.