Plant Research Associate - Molecular Biology - Entry Level
Research Associate (Plant Biology)
Looking for an entry level Research Associate to start immediately at Penn State Harrisburg, Central Pennsylvania Research and Teaching Laboratory for Biofuels.
Qualifications and Desired expertise
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a life sciences discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in a laboratory and greenhouse managing transgenic plants
- Experience preparing stock solutions, tissue culture media, plant transformation, molecular analysis of transgenic plants
- Experience with plant care, plant breeding, pollination, water and weed plant beds, fertilization, acclimatization of tissue culture derived plants, treat plants for disease and pest infestation.
- Molecular Biology experience - DNA, RNA, protein extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, Southern Blot, etc.
- Hands-on experience generating and/or analyzing omics data sets
- Experience with writing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience with microbial cell culture and Biosafety Level 2 organisms
- Experience with writing manuscripts and grants
- Strong communication skills and knowledge of basic computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be agreeable to flexible work schedule and willing to work on weekends
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send a detailed resume with a list of three references to Dr. Sairam Rudrabhatla, Director of the Central Pennsylvania Research and Teaching Laboratory for Biofuels.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Tissue Culture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Basic computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Green House: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory: 2 years (Preferred)