Assistant Director, Advising & Student Affairs
In the MBA program at North Carolina State University?s Jenkins Graduate School of Management, you will learn by doing ? working on real projects for companies, gaining a real-world perspective and experience that can be applied immediately in your life and career. You will make decisions about your education that will help you distinguish yourself in today?s competitive global marketplace and make a real impact with real preparation and solid qualifications to meet and surpass real-world expectations.
Being fairly young ? our MBA program was established in 2002 ? we tend to think like a start-up. Building upon the expertise of our faculty, we have developed a program that is recognized for its responsiveness to key issues faced by business and industry today. We are developing the talented individuals who will lead the next generation of technology-driven companies. We are differentiated by our core strengths.
This position reports to the Director of Advising & Student Affairs for the Jenkins MBA Program.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the academic advising of, and serves as the primary administrative point of contact for, all students in the full-time MBA program
- Develop a system of advising for the full-time MBA students utilizing various platforms to include Moodie, webinars and face-to-face meetings
- Continually update and advise the full-time MBA students with regards to course registration and information, upcoming events, and deadlines, as well as policies, procedures and best practices
- Serve as the primary administrative lead in scheduling and managing Graduate Assistants
- Serve as the primary administrative lead in planning and delivering the annual full-time Orientation programming
- Research, develop and implement opportunities to enhance the full-time student experience; i.e., community and cohort building as well as leadership development
- Process all requisite and supplemental paperwork with regards to student academic advising to include but not limited to Plans of Work [POWs], LOAs [Leaves of Absence], WDs [Withdrawals], schedule revision forms, justifications for reinstatement, etc.
- Work with other members of the Advising and Student Affairs team as well as the Assistant Dean of the MBA programs to develop and deliver student events and programming to include town halls, graduation, and student-led initiatives
- Serve as the primary administrative advisor for the MBA Student Association [MBASA]
- Serve as primary administrative advisor for the various MBASA student clubs
- Serve as the primary administrative point of contact for dual degree students; collaborate with Assistant Dean to articulate the various degree requirements as well as the Admissions team for advising of degree candidates
- Serve as one of the primary administrative points of contact for current military students [active and veteran]
- Assist in advising certificate-only students as needed
- Collaborate with the Director of Advising and Assistant Dean with regards to budget allocations for the full-time student population
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the advising and registration process on a continuing basis and put forth recommendations for process improvement
- Update and assist in managing the various Jenkins MBA web pages and Moodie sites
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Raleigh Residencies for the online and evening students as needed [four times/year]
- Collaborate with the MBA team and assist as needed to develop course schedules
- Other duties as assigned
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor?s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
Departmental Required Skills
- Commitment to student success and satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills [written and verbal]
- Detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Some evenings and weekend work required
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Master?s degree in Higher Education / Student Affairs
- Previous experience advising and/or working with MBA students or other graduate student populations
- Experience with PeopleSoft, WordPress and/or Moodie
Required License or Certification
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
Proposed Hire Date
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.