Assistant Facility Security Officer
The Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC), an operating unit of Mercer University, is located in Warner Robins, GA. MERC is dedicated to providing high quality engineering, scientific, and technical support services under contract to both government and private industry customers.
MERC has an immediate opening for an Assistant Facility Security Officer with a previous FSO or AFSO experience.
The Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) will assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) in maintaining and managing the overall security posture of the MERC facility, and ensure compliance with United States Department of Defense and State requirements as presented in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) respectively.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a DoD security clearance.
- This position requires a bachelor?s degree from an accredited college/university OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of JPAS, ISFD, NCAISS and eFCL.
- Experience in the Facility Security Officer or Assistant Facility Security Officer position.
? Access control including the use of Honeywell badging software or comparable software.
- Maintenance to X09, X10 spin dial locks as well as Trilogy locks.
- COMSEC experience.
- Experience with classified shipments, classified marking and derivative classification.
- Understanding of ITAR regulations.
Is a criminal background check needed for this position? No Is a credit check needed for this position? No Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle? Yes Job Category MERC Post to JobTarget? Yes Job Type Full-Time Pay Rate Commensurate with experience FLSA Status Exempt Pay Basis Internal posting only? No Close Date Open Until Filled No