General Summary of Position:
The individual in this position provides assistance in supporting all the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and interfacing with healthcare team. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate. Associate's degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business and SMS/Invision preferred.
- Fluency in medical terminology required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, as well as good telephone etiquette.
- High level of competence in customer relations in a professional environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and be self-directed. Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, A/R, A/P, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, Registration, Registrar