ASSOC DIR STUDY ABROAD
- Program Development: Responsible for program development and oversight including: meeting with academic units interested in developing exchange, direct-enroll or faculty-led programs; assisting with the identification and vetting of potential partner institutions/programs abroad; establishing study abroad program objectives, budgets, and timelines; developing program agreements and liaising with partner institutions and organizations; implementing programs; and initiating and reporting findings of program assessment. (30%)
- Advisement and Student Services: Manages outbound Loyola student advisement orientation regarding study, research, intern, volunteer, and teach abroad opportunities. Ensures that students receive appropriate advising in order to identify a suitable program of study and sources of funding, as well as academic planning. Conducts pre-departure orientation; manages judicial, health, and safety advisement. Manages student emergencies as they arise, consulting with the Executive Director as needed. (20%)
- Marketing: Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of the study abroad recruitment strategy in order to meet enrollment goals; collaborates with staff to design and execute marketing campaigns and develop communication materials, including print, video, web, promotion, and social media components, to support effective recruitment.
- Faculty-Led Program Support: Conducts workshops and training for faculty and program assistants engaged in leading programs abroad. Coordinates pre-departure activities with faculty leaders. Communicates Office and University policies and procedures to faculty, logistics providers, and overseas partners. Manages the program proposal process and processes vendor contracts. (20 %)
- Assessment and Administrative Oversight: Assists Director with special initiatives as well as day-to-day management of the office. Leads the review/development of, and communicates and administers, Loyola study abroad policies. Manages overseas insurance procurement, enrollment, billing and waiver processes. Leads study abroad unit?s strategic planning, assessment and reporting initiatives. Provides administrative support for special populations and programs as assigned, including Center programs abroad. Additional projects and duties as assigned. (15%)
- Management: Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of administrative assistant and study abroad advising staff, as well as undergraduate and graduate student staff. In consultation with the Executive Director, provides issue resolution for unique situations encountered. (15%)
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Masters degree required. A minimum of four years of experience in the study abroad field is required.
Master?s degree; minimum of 4 years of experience in the study abroad field; knowledge of exchange program and faculty-led program development and implementation; experience with assessment, policy development, and risk/crisis management; experience with curriculum mapping and integration; experience in marketing and recruitment for study abroad. Experience studying, working or living abroad.
Master?s degree in higher education, international education, or related field. Knowledge of a second language.
Valid U.S. Driver?s license. Ability to travel internationally, valid passport.
Proficient computer skills, ability to use MS Office. Adept at utilizing database/ CRM systems.
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Lifting, Carrying, Standing
Special Instructions to Applicants