Curriculum Research Associate
358056 Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
The Teaching and Learning Lab (TLL) seeks a Curriculum Research Associate to conduct research and write curricular materials for the new course How People Learn (HPL). HPL is a pre-matriculation, blended course that will be offered to all incoming Ed.M. students in Summer 2019. HPL seeks to help students develop a flexible, foundational understanding of
how people develop over the lifespan; how people learn; and how educators successfully design, lead, and create systems to support others? learning and growth.
The Curriculum Research Associate will create learning content in collaboration with the HPL team (including the faculty co-leads) and under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Curriculum Design and Research in the TLL.
This is a term appointment through 6/30/19 with the possibility of reappointment.
- Establish course curriculum, organization and planning, including pacing and assessment strategy.
- Create a wide variety of original written content including on-screen text, assessments, interactive activities, & scripts or guidelines for educational videos and other media.
- Facilitate review process as part of course launch
- Represent the curriculum team and advance curricular aims when collaborating with learning designers, media producers, and learning technologists to design HPL learning experiences.
- Advise on curricular implications for the development of facilitation, research, evaluation, and strategic plans as needed
- Conduct QA review of content ensuring updates as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
- BA/BS required plus 5 years related experience. Advanced degree may count toward experience.
Previous experience developing curriculum preferably in an online environment.
- Ed.M. preferred
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Education and/or work experience related to the learning and/or developmental sciences
- Creativity and the ability to communicate clearly
- Prior experience that demonstrates a capability to identify priorities, balance competing demands, and manage deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented work ethic
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Appointment End Date
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.