Director, Internal Control and Compliance - Administrator II (5044)
ABOUT CSU EAST BAY:
California State University, East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, California State University, East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, California State University, East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Risk Management and Internal Control is charged with assessing and mitigating the risks that threaten the University's assets, campus community and guests.
Under general direction of the Associate Vice President, Risk Management and Internal Control, the Director, Internal Control and Compliance serves as campus liaison for all Chancellor's Office audit activities, and is responsible for planning, executing and administering the internal audit function at Cal State East Bay.
- Serves as campus liaison for Chancellor's Office audits.
- Manages pre-audit, audit and campus's response to findings.
- Works closely with appropriate departments to ensure timely response.
- Conducts reviews of high risk organization and functional activities.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action and/or changes to current polices, procedures or financial systems of the University.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over activities.
- Monitors compliance in accordance with various CSU Executive Orders and Coded Memoranda, applicable federal and state laws and regulations in a manner consistent with both University objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- May serve as chair on various University committees related to compliance.
- Ability to independently perform all phases of internal auditing.
- Possess knowledge of the theories and principles of internal auditing, internal audit standards, and general administration and management controls.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal) communication as well as very strong writing skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and to work effectively within a culturally diverse campus community.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply ICSUAM policy to various departments on campus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with key stakeholders.
The incumbent must possess a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four year college or university in Accounting, Business or related area, and a minimum of five years of related practical audit experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Relevant work experience in a higher education environment position.
- Experience with government / university accounting.
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft applications.
- Advanced degree or professional certification (CPA or CIA).
This position is a Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position in the CSU, and serves at the pleasure of the President.
The CSU enjoys a generous benefits program with employer paid life insurance ($100K), as well as health, dental, and vision insurance with the monthly premium largely paid by the CSU. The CSU belongs to the CalPERS retirement plan in which medical and dental insurance continues in qualified retirement. The CSU has 14 paid holidays and the position earns 24 days of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year.
The salary range will be from $100,000 per year to $120,000 per year.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard CSUEB application, please submit a cover letter, a list of three (3) or more professional references, and resume. Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
California State University, East Bay conducts pre-employment screening that may include, but is not limited to: criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history. Candidates must submit to a background check before being offered a position with CSUEB. Unsatisfactory results of the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSUEB employees who apply for the position.
At CSU East Bay, the following nine competencies have been identified as valued leadership qualities: Communication, Cooperation, Delegation, Empathy, Feedback, Innovation, Leadership Presence, Passion and Strategic Ability. While we may not expect our managers to exhibit all of these competencies, we do expect them to aspire to develop them. As part of the annual evaluation review process, the Director, Internal Control and Compliance will be evaluated on each.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the California State University East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/upd/campus-security-report.html
All California State University, East Bay employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUEB is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CSUEB does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.